Pinet Castillon & Co.
Pinet Castillon & Co. was once a grand name in the world of cognac. It was established in 1814 by Jean Élie Henry Castillon du Perron and Henri Pinet who were merchants, not producers. Within a couple of years they were shipping worldwide and enjoying a huge popularity. By the turn of the century they owned warehouses and distilleries in several adjacent streets in the city of Cognac with stocks of over 1000 casks of cognac. In 1963 they were bought by Renault and together they named themselves Castillon-Renault. In 1973 Hennessy bought Castillon-Renault, only to resell them to the Dreyfus group in 1975. Castillon-Renault merged with Bisquit-Dubouché in 1991 and became Renault-Bisquit only for the brands to split again in 2009. Sadly the brand name Castillon disappeared during the 1970s but their bottles are still occasionally offered for sale.