Castarède 1983 Bas Armagnac
Excl. VAT£106.29Incl. VAT£127.55
Only 2 left in stock
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
Armagnac has, since the beginning, been used for its therapeutic virtues. In the 14th century Vital Dufour wrote a book called ‘How to keep your health and stay on top form’. This valuable manuscript, which is now in the Vatican library, reveals the forty virtues of Armagnac, also known as ‘Water of Eternal Life’.
- Bas Armagnac
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- Guava, passion fruit and cedar
- All Castarede armagnacs are well aged in oak casks to provide the maximum tannins. The cellars are next to the Baise ensuring that they are always damp and providing the best conditions for these fine armagnacs.
- Single distillation at around 58 – 60 degrees providing more complex aromas and taste
- Light and mellow. Flavours of angelica and elderberry with sour apple.
- Grape Variety:
- Ugni Blanc and Baco
- The climate is soft and humid with sunny autumns and the soil is made of siliceous clay which is poor in lime, giving Bas Armagnacs a lightness and fragrance with subtle tastes