Castarède 1953 Bas Armagnac
Excl. VAT£1,039.00Incl. VAT£1,246.80
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
A fine armagnac from a vintage producer. Well balanced with flavours of dried apricots, plums and honey, some almond flavours appear also.
- Bas Armagnac
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- All Castarede armagnacs are well aged in oak casks to provide the maximum tannins. The cellars are next to the Baise ensuring that they are always damp and providing the best conditions for these fine armagnacs.
- Single distillation at around 58 – 60 degrees providing more complex aromas and taste
- A well balanced armagnac with flavours of dried apricots, plums and honey, some almond flavours appear also.
- Grape Variety:
- Mainly Colombard, some Folle Blanche and sometimes some Ugni Blanc
- Reduction & Strength:
- All of Castarede’s armagnacs are reduced naturally in oak and sold at 40%
- The climate is soft and humid with sunny autumns and the soil is made of siliceous clay which is poor in lime, giving Bas Armagnacs a lightness and fragrance with subtle tastes