Château de Montifaud Héritage Louis Vallet 50 Year Old Petite Champagne Cognac
Excl. VAT£299.00Incl. VAT£358.80
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
This 50 Year Old Petite Champagne Cognac is a blend of some of Chateau Montifaud’s oldest stock; eaux de vie that was distilled between 1956 and 1964. Dried apricots and walnuts are on the nose and palate.
- Petite Champagne
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Wooden Box
- There is an intense richness of this delightful cognac with aromas of dried apricots and almonds.
- Recenty installed some new big stills. Their style is fruity and distillation is probably around 68 -70 degrees. This is a well managed and good distillery
- The rich flavour of apricots is enhanced by a gentle rancio which leaves a long smooth flavour on the palate.
- Grape Variety:
- 80% Ugni Blanc also Colombard and Folle Blanche
- Reduction & Strength:
- Eau de vie mixed with distilled water, only small quantities used as cellars are quite dry.
- The ground here is flat. The chalk here is probably Santonian being more compacted than that of the Cognacian further to the north. Grape varieties are mainly ugni blanc but the firm also has a reasonable level of Colombard and Folle which they put to goo