Hermitage 1972 Petite Champagne Cognac
Excl. VAT£333.00Incl. VAT£399.60
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
Cognac Masters 2022 – Masters Award
“Complex and well balanced.” Judges’ comments
This delightful Petite Champagne cognac has been mellowing in its oak cask for almost 40 years and although its strength is 45% abv, it has a sublime balance. Petite Champagne cognacs are often lighter than cognacs from their neighbour, Grande Champagne. This is particularly true in the east of the cru, from where this 1972 originates.
- Petite Champagne
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- Floral with candied fruit, hay, humus and coconut.
- 350 litre Limousin oak casks in medium damp cellars for almost 40 years.
- Double distillation on Alembic Charentais Cognac still.
- Beautifully balanced with flavours of fresh bread, saffron, candied fruits and white truffle.
- Grape Variety:
- Ugni Blanc
- Reduction & Strength:
- Some reduction has taken place to create its remarkably good balance and flavour.
- The land here is flatter that that of Grande Champagne and the chalk is slightly less porous.