Hermitage Cognac Marie Louise Crystal Decanter
Excl. VAT£1,850.00Incl. VAT£2,220.00
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
Cognac Masters 2018 – Masters Award
Hermitage Cognac Marie Louise is a Grande Champagne cognac from one of the region’s top artisan producers. Still in cask, it is now a magnificent 70 years old. Offered in crystal decanters produced by Cumbria Crystal, the last producer of completely hand-blown and hand-cut, full-lead luxury English crystal in the UK. The complex aromas, intensity and depth of flavours created by its careful distillation and ageing have created a masterpiece of smoothness and an intensely rich rancio found only in the rarest of cognacs. This truly great cognac is named after Marie Louise, the second wife of Napoleon Bonaparte. She bore his son who was given the title ‘Roi de Rome’ and who later became Napoleon II.
“Likely to be one of the finest cognacs you have tasted.” Victoria Moore, The Saturday Telegraph Luxury supplement, December 2017
- Grande Champagne
- Volume (cl):
- 100 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- 70 yo
- % Alcohol:
- Wooden Box
- Complex aromas of mocha, dried prunes, roasted chestnuts and masala spice.
- Matured for 70 years in Limousin oak casks
- In a 25 hectolitre still
- Rich and complex flavours of coffee, sultanas, toffee brittle, truffle, dried fig, cinnamon, hazelnut and clove
- Grape Variety:
- Ugni Blanc
- Reduction & Strength:
- Only minimal reduction
- Produced in the central Grande Champagne region where the chalk is at its finest.