Hermitage 50 Year Old Grande Champagne Cognac
Excl. VAT£443.00Incl. VAT£531.60
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
IWSC 2021 – The Cognac Trophy & Gold Outstanding Award
“Like opening an old leather-bound book or antique oak armoire. Figgy pudding and rich dark chocolate; wonderful rich spices and the bitterness of orange zest come through on the palate. Spicy but gentle and supremely dry.” Judges’ comments
Originally our 45 year old Grande Champagne Cognac, we have watched this remarkable brandy develop in its cask for many years. It is now more than 50 years old and still it grows in maturity, richness and finesse. The flavours of fruit cake, sultanas and porcini will continue to develop in this masterpiece.
- Grande Champagne
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- 43 - 44%
- Presentation Box
- Warm fruit cake, sultanas, Victoria plums and the promise of a long and deep rancio.
- Aged in damp cellars in 350 litre casks for more than 50 years. The cellars are extensive and the firm has much experience in developing these fine cognacs.
- Large 25 hectolitre stills. The firm has 4 which produce all their eaux de vie.
- The flavour of fruit cake is immediately apparent with a hint of mangosteen tang. There are some delicate hints of crab apples which brings together the intense rancio flavours of orange syrup and porcini.
- Grape Variety:
- Ugni Blanc
- Reduction & Strength:
- Very small reduction to 43-44% abv. Variations in strength do occur with this and other cognacs as it can vary from cask to cask and from top to bottom of the cask. Variations are not normally greater than + or – 1 degree. Check the bottle for strength.
- Some of the finest chalk in the whole of Grande Champagne. Almost entirely Ugni Blanc