Mosgaard Organic Single Malt Port Wine Cask Whisky
Excl. VAT Incl. VAT£47.46
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
Berlin International Spirits Competition 2020 – Gold Award
This Port Wine Cask Whisky is Mosgaard’s newest whisky, it is dark and intense with vinous and spicy sweetness. The barrels are the secret, built from two types of old Port Wine casks. Staves from both Ruby and Tawny port casks are mixed to make the Mosgaard casks. The result is that the Port Cask whisky matures in balance with vinous notes from Ruby port and spicy notes and sweetness from Tawny.
- Volume (cl):
- 50 cl
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- Matured in bespoke-built 50 litre casks made from two types of old Port Wine casks. Staves from both Ruby and Tawny Port casks are mixed to make the Mosgaard barrels.
- The stills are handmade in Portugal by gifted craftsmen, one hammer stroke at a time, and designed to highlight fruity and malty notes.
- Vinous, dark grapes, plums, caramel, coffee, apples, anise, bitter almonds, cinnamon
- Grape Variety:
- Organic Danish barley malt
- Reduction & Strength:
- The local water is hard and rich in minerals which gives a distinct soft taste.
- All products from this distillery are organic to ensure a clean and crisp taste. They are proud of their sustainability record too. Production is with CO2-neutral energy sources and zero-waste. All remains from the primary production are reused as animal food.