Toutain Reserve Odile 60 Year Old Calvados
Excl. VAT£970.50Incl. VAT£1,164.60
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
This exclusive bottling pays tribute to Odile Toutain who, 60 years ago, took over the management of Domaine de la Couterie. Distilled in 1959, the calvados was carefully aged for 60 years in the family cellars. Presented in a beautiful carafe and sealed in a wooden housing, only a limited edition of 234 bottles are available.
- Pays d'Auge
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Wooden Box
- Cooked apples, vanilla, cherries, cocoa, liquorice and nuts.
- Distilled in 1959 and aged for 60 years in the family cellars.
- The cider is distilled once to an abv of between 68% and 72%.
- Apples and candied fruits (apricots, orange & ginger) followed by a spicier finish of leather, cocoa, liquorice, pepper, cloves and cinnamon.
- Grape Variety:
- Not a grape but Cidre made from apples and perry pear. The bitter/sweet apples are mainly picked and crushed in a membrane press to get the flavour from the skins. There are several varieties including Saint Martin, Noel des Champs, Mettais and Doux Normandie. The apples are small with high aromatic intensity.
- Reduction & Strength:
- Presented at cask strength.
- Rich and fertile land