Dupont 20 Year Old Pays d’Auge Calvados
Excl. VAT Incl. VAT£132.56
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
This wonderful calvados from Dupont is made from 80% bittersweet apples and 20% acidic apples and has been aged for over 20 years in a wooden vat and toasted oak barrels.
- Pays d'Auge
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- Intense and earthy aromas of dried fruits with floral hints developing.
- Twenty years minimum, in wooden vats and toasted 400 litre (88 imp gallon) oak barrels.
- Cidre distilled in the same manner as cognac
- Well balanced with long and intense flavours of fruit and toasted hazelnuts.
- Grape Variety:
- Not a grape but Cidre made from apples and perry pear. The bitter/sweet apples are mainly picked and crushed in a membrane press to get the flavour from the skins. There are several varieties including Saint Martin, Noel des Champs, Mettais and Doux Normandie. The apples are small with high aromatic intensity. Perry pear is used to create added acidity for distillation
- Reduction & Strength:
- Presented at 42% abv
- Rich and fertile land of clay and Oxfordian marl soil.