Hermitage 1923 Grande Champagne Cognac
Excl. VAT£1,738.67Incl. VAT£2,086.40
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
Global Luxury Spirits Masters 2019 – Gold Award
This is a particularly fine example of a 1920s cognac which comes from the southern part of the Grande Champagne cru around Lignières. Cognacs of this quality take many decades to reach perfection and this is a fine example. Utterly delicious with flavours of passion fruit, damsons macadamia nuts and dried mandarin peel. It has a fine and intense rancio, the result of more than 60 years in an oak barrel.
“This has a gorgeous flavour, somewhere between a sultana and a sun-dried apricot with the spirit framing the layers with impeccable integration.” Olly Smith, Wines & Spirits Expert
- Grande Champagne
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- Sloe, damson skin and rancio characteristics
- Aged in oak barrels for more than 60 years.
- Small, wood-fired still
- passion fruit, damsons, macademia nuts and dried mandarin peel with a rich rancio of pineapple syrup, madeira and green peppers.
- Grape Variety:
- Ugni Blanc
- Reduction & Strength:
- No reduction.
- Campanian chalk typical of the Grande Champagne region.