Toutain Cuveé Ancestrale 45 Year Old Calvados
Excl. VAT£260.00Incl. VAT£312.00
- Express delivery available
- International Shipping
- Delivery to 50+ Countries
All of the apples for this calvados come from Toutain’s own traditional, tall, apple trees. They are collected, cleaned, mixed, crushed and then pressed during the months of September to December. The apple juice is allowed to ferment over the next 8 months and the resultant cider is then distilled once before the ageing process begins. Forty five years of ageing has produced an extremely smooth and mellow calvados.
- Pays d'Auge
- Volume (cl):
- 70 cl
- Vintage / Age:
- % Alcohol:
- Presentation Box
- Fresh apples, hints of liquorice followed by caramelised apples.
- Aged in oak barrels for 45 years. The first 15 years are spent in 10 - 15 hl barrels, the next 15 years in 600 litre ones and the final 15 years in 225 litre casks.
- The cider is distilled once to an abv of between 68% and 72%.
- Intense and elegant with a long finish, reminiscent of 'Tarte Tatin'.
- Grape Variety:
- Not a grape but Cidre made from apples and perry pear. The bitter/sweet apples are mainly picked and crushed in a membrane press to get the flavour from the skins. There are several varieties including Saint Martin, Noel des Champs, Mettais and Doux Normandie. The apples are small with high aromatic intensity.
- Rich and fertile land